As we move quickly from the last of spring into the full summer season, the charitable Big Sunday organization, located on Melrose Ave., is making the transition, too — providing a place to bring the fruits of your spring cleaning efforts, and accepting other items and donations to help those in need have a wonderful season. Here’s the message Big Sunday sent out to its community earlier today, outlining what they need and how to contribute:
Yep, We’re Reopening To Drop-Off Stuff!
During the shutdown, a lot of people have been doing a whole lot of spring cleaning! (We know this because of all the people getting in touch to drop off…everything.) So each week we will highlight something we especially need to give to our nonprofit partners. Some must be new, some can be gently used. (We’ll let you know.)
Starting next Wednesday, July 1, our headquarters on Melrose will be open every Wednesday morning from 10 – 12 for outdoor, no-contact drop-offs.
[We’re seeking] summer items for those in shelters, group homes etc. This includes: beach towels, sunscreen, bathing suits, flip-flops, baseball caps, sand toys, nerf balls, squirt guns, water bottles, bubble bottles. All items must be new!! If you’d like to contribute: Items start at $1 (bubbles), $2 (flipflops), $3 (baseball caps), $5 (sand toys), $10 (beach towels). You can donate here: https://bigsunday.org/get-involved/donate-now/
FAQs (well, the answers anyhow):
- All drop-offs will be outside.
- There will be tables and dollies set up outside. Big Sunday staff will bring items inside.
- Everyone must wear a mask. We will have hand sanitizer if you need it.
- It is encouraged to bring items we are specifically collecting that week. But yes, you can bring other things, too.
- We are hoping to collect at least 250 items each week.
- If you don’t want to drop things off, but you’d like to contribute to these requested items, great! Please donate here: https://bigsunday.org/get-involved/donate-now/
Questions? Ask [email protected].
About Elizabeth Fuller
Elizabeth Fuller was born and raised in Minneapolis, MN but has lived in LA since 1991 - with deep roots in both the Sycamore Square and West Adams Heights-Sugar Hill neighborhoods. She spent 10 years with the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council, volunteers at Wilshire Crest Elementary School, and is the co-owner/publisher of the Buzz.
- More Posts
One thought on “Big Sunday Seeking Summer Donations”
Drop offs in the parking lot behind the building