Are you finally ready to remove your lawn and replace it with drought-tolerant landscaping…but not sure how to plan your project? Help is on the way. In addition to its longtime turf replacement rebates, LADWP is now offering “professionally prepared, custom landscape designs to replace your turf with water-saving, California Friendly® and native plants.”
According to LADWP, “Your free design will be created by a landscape professional and will include a customized planting plan utilizing beautiful low water use plants.”
Program participants will receive plans that:
- Help replace turf with low water use California Friendly® and native plants.
- Can be submitted for compliance with the turf replacement rebate program.
- Can be directly provided to a contractor for installation (a guide to hiring contractors is also included).
- Include a storm water capture feature, such as a rain garden.
- Include designs for water efficient drip irrigation systems.
And benefits include:
- Building healthy, living soil with compost and mulch.
- Redirecting rainwater for infiltration or reuse.
- Using California Friendly® or native plants appropriate for the Los Angeles climate.
To see and learn more about how new California Friendly landscaping could enhance your home, take a look at the LADWP photo gallery…
Watch this video…
E-mail [email protected]…
And/or see http://www.designyourgarden.ladwp.com…where you can also apply for the program.
About Elizabeth Fuller
Elizabeth Fuller was born and raised in Minneapolis, MN but has lived in LA since 1991 - with deep roots in both the Sycamore Square and West Adams Heights-Sugar Hill neighborhoods. She spent 10 years with the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council, volunteers at Wilshire Crest Elementary School, and is the co-owner/publisher of the Buzz.
- More Posts