On April 30, 2023, the Greater Wilshire community will elect 21 board members and 21 alternates for 2-year terms on the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council (GWNC.)
We have five Hancock Park residents running in this election this year. All of them would really appreciate your votes. (For each seat, both an elected board member and an alternate are elected. Voting in this election enables you to have a critical voice in this super-local election. Every vote matters as many people do not bother to vote in Neighborhood Council elections. The GWNC plays an important role in calling attention to local issues; having adequate effective representation for our neighborhood has proven to be very helpful in accomplishing our neighborhoods priorities.
Please consider a vote for the following HP candidates:
• Cindy Chvatal-Keane is running for the At-Large seat
• Jennifer DeVore and David Trainer are running for the Area 5 seat.
• Mark Alpers is running for the for the Community Interest -Non Profit seat
• Benny Rosenberg is running for the Community Interest Religion seat
Who is Eligible To Vote in the GWNC Election in 2023:
Stakeholders — like all Hancock Park residents — who live, work, or own property in the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council area, and who are 16 years old by election day, can cast up to two votes:
1. One vote for a geographic board seat (5)
2. One vote for a special interest seat or the at-large seat
Other stakeholders, i.e., those who declare an interest in the neighborhood (but do not live, work or own property) can only cast one vote for the at-large seat.
Below are detailed instructions and documentation for requesting your ballot to vote in the upcoming Neighborhood Council elections.
To vote in the upcoming GWNC election, you will be required to submit or present a drivers license (or any other picture ID with age and address) to show eligibility to vote for all board seats, including At Large. In addition, for the special interest seats (Non-Profit, Religion) you will be required to provide one additional piece of evidence to support your eligibility as part of that constituency. Please check the City Elections site for examples of required documentation.
You can vote in the GWNC 2023 election in one of two ways:
1. Vote by Mail (VBM): See link below for instructions on requesting that a ballot be mailed to you. The Voting by Mail application and the City will mail out ballots between March 23 and April 11. Your ballot must be postmarked by Election Day (April 30) and received by the City by May 11 in
order to be counted. You can apply either online for a ballot or by submitting a paper application. Go to https://clerk.lacity.gov/clerk-divisions/elections/nc-elections/how-vote and fill out the online Vote By Mail application. (PS It’s easy) Voters who wish to receive a VBM Application online must first create an Angeleno Account at https://angeleno.lacity.org/. After creating an account, voters can access the NC Portal to apply for a mail in GWNC Ballot.
2. Vote in Person: You can vote in person on April 30, 2023 at the Barking Lot on Larchmont Blvd from 10 AM to 4 PM. Please bring your drivers license (or other photo ID showing birthday, address) you can vote for Area 5 Hancock Park and At-Large, with your drivers license, if you are voting for any of the other board seats, please bring some sort of evidence of your participation in that constituency. Please check City Elections site for specific examples.
Please email any questions or help to Jen Devore at [email protected] or Cindy Chvatal-Keane at [email protected].
Your Hancock Park HOA!