TAG Gallery, 5458 Wilshire Blvd., is now accepting artwork submissions for its 2021 Los Angles Open showcase, which will be on display in TAG’s Sky Gallery loft from May 11 – June 5.
TAG president Ryan Henisey told the Buzz that the show is designed to highight “LA local” artists, which they define as anyone within driving distance of the gallery. Submissions are welcome from artists working in all genres and styles, at all stages of their careers, Henisey said, and the show is “more about the artist that would like to show a small collection of their work in a salon-style exhibit” than it is about any other specific requirements.
That said, however, Henisey did say that in addition to more traditional wall-hung art, he would also love to include at least one sculptor, whose work would be placed on pedestals in the center of the exhibit space, and at least one video or digital artist, whose screen-based work could make good use of a specific corner of the loft area.
Henisey also noted that the show will be a bit smaller than usual this year (which is why it has shifted from the gallery’s main floor space to the loft), because COVID-19 restrictions have shifted the timeline a bit. But he promised that next year’s show will be back at “full force,” and that there will be more artist opportunities coming up at TAG later this year, including the gallery’s annual California Open in August.
Here are more details for artists interested in submitting their work to TAG’s LA Open:
- Artists may submit up to six pieces of artwork through TAG’s online shop.
- Include only one photo of each artwork submitted.
- Each entry is $15.
- Up to 21 selected artists will receive 48 inches of linear wallspace to highlight their work.
- The showcase is open to all “local” artists within driving distance of the gallery
- Selected artists must hand-deliver their work (no shipping) on May 7 or 8.
- All artwork must be original and available for sale, and the artist must be the sole copyright owner to the work.
- TAG Gallery will collect a 50% commission on all artwork sales during the exhibition and for 30 days subsequent to the close of the show.
- Application deadline is Saturday, April 24.
- Selections will be announced on Wednesday, April 28.
For more information about submissions and artwork requirements, see https://www.taggallery.net/shop/2021-los-angeles-open-submit and/or call (323) 297-3061.
About Elizabeth Fuller
Elizabeth Fuller was born and raised in Minneapolis, MN but has lived in LA since 1991 - with deep roots in both the Sycamore Square and West Adams Heights-Sugar Hill neighborhoods. She spent 10 years with the Greater Wilshire Neighborhood Council, volunteers at Wilshire Crest Elementary School, and is the co-owner/publisher of the Buzz.
- More Posts