No need to be in the kitchen tonight! At least not if you come out to the 25th Annual Taste of Larchmont festival, featuring 22 local favorite eateries offering “tastes” of their cuisine. Proceeds from the non-profit event support Hope-Net, which operates 13 food pantries, serving more than 115,000 local households and more than 275,000 people annually. (The Taste of Larchmont generates nearly 20% of Hope-Net’s operating budget.)
The festivities also include a raffle and silent auction. “We have wonderful silent auction items donated from people in the community,” said Patti Carroll, Hollywoodland Realty owner, and one of the event organizers.
Auction items include:
- Two nights in the Wow Suite at the Standard Hotel Downtown, for the perfect staycation.
- A fully furnished 1949 period dollhouse originally sold by famous toy store FAO Schwartz, and recently refurbished by Ted Russel from Tedland
- An exquisite egg yolk yellow vase, donated by JF Chen.
- Collection of three collectible fine french wines from a local wine connouseir
- Wine tasting from Fancifull Foods
- Trina Turk gift certificate and handbag
The grand prize in the raffle is dinner for two at 12 great restaurants, including Lucques (with a wine pairing), Musso and Frank, Odys + Penelope, and Larchmont’s own Vernetti.
Other raffle prizes come from many other friends on the Boulevard, including:
- Landis Gifts and Stationery
- Village Heights
- Larchmont Traditional Medicine
- Healing Hands
- Pickett Fences
- Rhodes School of Music
- Snook Nook cafe, kids play area and party space
- Peet’s Coffee (providing an “Around the World Tour” with a month of Ccffee for twelve months)
- Larchmont Village Florist
- Pain Quitiden
- Malin and Goetz
- Larchmont Beauty
- Au Courrrant Boutique
- D.R. Pilates
- Jesica from Sunset
- Osh Hardware
- Paramount Studios
- UPS Larchmont
- Alegria Bazaar
…and our local city council office, which is providing coffee with City Council Member David Ryu for one lucky winner.
So be sure to come out tonight and taste all the flavors of our beloved local street!
About Patricia Lombard
Patricia Lombard is the co-editor and publisher of the Larchmont Buzz. Patty lives with her family in Fremont Place. She has been active in neighborhood issues since moving here in 1989. Her pictorial history, "Larchmont" for Arcadia Press is available at Chevalier's Books.
- Web |
- More Posts