We may be in the “dog days of summer” but don’t miss the opportunity to work your way through the Hancock Park area’s Open Houses on Sunday.
Are you considering listing your home for sale? Here are some tips for sellers:
• Get rid of clutter and neutralize the home. Removing unnecessary furniture and painting rooms neutral colors will help potential buyers see themselves living in the home.
• Homeowners also should put away personal items, such as jewelry.
• Fix the obvious: paint the peeling eaves, apply a fresh coat of paint to the interior and clean the carpet, especially if there are pets in the house. Homes with dogs and/or cats immediately lose half the buyers on the market because of odors and allergies.
• When the house is being shown, homeowners should leave and take their pets with them. Buyers do not want to feel like intruders by opening closets and cabinets.
• Spruce up flower boxes, add new mulch, and trim bushes to increase curb appeal.
Consider the “fiscal cliff” as it relates to the timing of selling your home.
Download the Open House pdf here.