Chill out on a hot Friday with some spooky new flavors offered by Larchmont’s Salt & Straw who be scooping its “Spooktacular” series of Halloween inspired flavors starting today.
The bone-chilling concoctions bring together the nostalgia of favorite Halloween treats with mysteriously delicious ingredients. From an abundance of homemade candy to blood pudding, chocolate covered crickets, and swirls of ghosts, these flavors are sure to satisfy any adventurous sweet tooth.
- Creepy Crawly Critters: A light and fresh grass-green matcha ice cream spiked with zesty orange, hiding tasty swarms of real dark chocolate covered crickets and coconut toffee-brittle mealworms.
- Dracula’s Blood Pudding: Crafted for this year’s Halloween “thrill shreekers,” a heady combination of warm spices and cream are mixed into real blood pudding and then spun in our ice cream laboratory.
- The Great Candycopia: Your whole trick-or-treat haul turned inside out and jammed into an ice cream machine as salted butterscotch ice cream gets loaded up with homemade snickers, whoppers, heath bars, and peanut butter cups.
- Essence of Ghost: A thrillingly light and chillingly cold flavor that will make you think you’ve just tasted an apparition. Frigid sherbet quickly gives way to lingering smokiness, while notes of bitterness keep your taste buds guessing as to what they just experienced.
- Freckle & Hyde Potion: Captures the transformative taste of Dr. Jekyll’s infamous potion! Cranberry sorbet freckled with dark chocolate battles against bitter melon coconut sherbet with coconut ash coated pop rocks, like two sides of a personality.