Local residents and businesses joined with medical staff, celebrities and physicians to recognize and thank the healthcare workers at Olympia Medical Center for their commitment and dedication during the COVID-19 pandemic. The moral boost was greatly appreciated by the staff, now under the demands of the pandemic, according to Olympia Hospital.
The hospital sent us the following list of donors:
- Coffee machines and pods from Keurig
- Surgical Masks from Buck Mason Mens Ware Brand
- Rocco’s Pizza was provided by Big Sunday and Keith Kirkwood of Gift Global initiative
- Salads, Vegetable and Grain bowls were provided by Sweetgreen
- The Park’s Finest BBQ pulled the pork and made tasty chicken dishes
- Pho Ever Bistro for cooking a special lunch.
Chief Nursing Officer Sheryl Howland, said she was most appreciative that the donors gave nursing a break during a time that demands substantial care and extra security.
Currently, the hospital requires all visitors to be reviewed for symptoms and all employees and medical staff to have their temperature taken before entry, to check for fever and other symptoms of illness. Visitors must also be tested and cannot enter unless the patient is in life-threatening condition. People with needed surgeries, cardiac issues and other non COVID-19 illnesses or medical problems will be admitted under the same strict entry requirements.
To learn more about helping the staff at Olympia, email Jeffrey Adams at [email protected]. Thanks to Olympia for the photos and captions.