Last updated: December 29, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our website or specific functions of our website.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Larchmont Buzz, 584 1/2 N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90004.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the website such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the website, to provide the website on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the website or to assist the Company in analyzing how the website is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the website or from the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Larchmont Buzz, accessible from https://larchmontbuzz.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the website, as applicable.
Collecting and Using your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
We collect personal data that you provide to us by using the website, submitting ‘Contact Us’ forms, or otherwise interacting with us. Personal information is requested when you subscribe to email newsletters or complete an online form. While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include but is not limited to Usage Data.
Larchmont Buzz currently utilizes the online Mailchimp email subscription service to manage email address lists and email newsletter mailings. Please review
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the website.
Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or when you access the website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies (Type: Session Cookies)
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies (Type: Persistent Cookies)
- Functionality Cookies (Type: Persistent Cookies)
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Information Requests: We will send you information you request about Larchmont Buzz and local news and events.
- Marketing Communications: We may contact you about stories, news, updates, and promotions, usually via email newsletter. If you would no longer like to receive such emails, please follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions at the end of each email. Your email address will be removed from our marketing list. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request. To opt out of being contacted by any other communication methods, please contact us at [email protected]
- Compliance and Safety: We may use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations and to identify and remediate suspected or actual fraudulent activity or security incidents. Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities such as a court or a government agency. The Company may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- Protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
- Website Maintenance: We retain and review statistics to monitor the usage of our website, data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
- Account Management and Customer Support: We manage your registration as a user of the website. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the website that are available to you as a registered user, including the ability to create and edit user-generated calendar and business directory listings.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: we may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website.
- For business transfers: we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users (for example when leaving comments on specific stories or pages, or when interacting with comments on various stories or pages), such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With your consent: we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to delete or request that we assist in deleting the Personal Data that we have collected about you.
You may update, amend, or delete your information at any time by signing in to your Account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage your personal information.
You may contact us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) affords California consumers additional privacy protections, including the right to know what information we collect, disclose, and sell, as well as the right to request correction or deletion of your data.
For a description of the data we collect and the categories of sources of such information, please refer to the “Types of Data Collected” section above. We use this data for the purposes outlined in the “Use of Your Personal Data” section.
Larchmont Buzz does not sell your personal information.
To make a consumer access request, request your data be deleted, or opt out of sale, please contact us at [email protected] . We will verify your identity prior to fulfilling your request. Authorized agents may be used to submit rights requests, in which case we will take steps to verify your identity and confirm that the agent has authority to act on your behalf.
The Larchmont Buzz website is a general audience site. We do not sell products to or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. Larchmont Buzz is compliant with all federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requirements and does not sell your or any site visitors’ personal information.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing information, we may require a parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
The Larchmont Buzz currently utilizes YouTube as a hosting service for embedded videos. Please review YouTube’s Terms of Service here.
We may also utilize the Vimeo hosting service; please review Vimeo’s Terms of Service here.
Web Accessibility Policy
Larchmont Buzz is committed to full website accessibility for all of our website visitors. It is our policy to ensure that everyone, including persons with disabilities, has full and equal access to our online content. To ensure accessibility we have:
- Adopted a web accessibility policy.
- Implemented training on web accessibility for our web editors.
- Are in the midst of website development to meet WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliance that will meet the digital accessibility requirements imposed by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Are planning in future to conduct annual accessibility audits and continually review this website to ensure we adhere to best practices in web accessibility.
Do you need assistance accessing something on our website? Contact us by telephone: (323) 741-4651 or email: [email protected]
For more information on web accessibility:
- Leasing, selling, copying, sublicensing, transferring, or assigning any information, intellectual property, goods, or services provided on this site
- Using this site for any illegal purpose
- Gaining unauthorized access to Larchmont Buzz’ data or the data of other users
- Altering, modifying, adapting, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or hacking Larchmont Buzz’ intellectual property
- Altering or modifying another website to falsely imply that it is associated with this website
- Using or exporting Larchmont Buzz’ information, products, or services in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations
- Violating anyone else’s legal rights (for example, privacy rights) or any laws (for example, copyright laws) in the user’s jurisdiction
- Using this website or Larchmont Buzz’ services to transmit content that could be deemed unlawful, threatening, harassing, racist, abusive, libelous, pornographic, vulgar, defamatory, obscene, indecent, or otherwise inappropriate, including any messages constituting or encouraging criminal conduct
- Breaching, or attempting to breach, this website’s security systems and
Service Interruptions and Updates
Term, Termination, and Survival
This Agreement shall be effective as of the date (the “Effective Date”) you accept the terms herein or first access, download or use any of the services or information (collectively, the “Services”) on this site and shall remain in effect for so long as you use or access any of the Services (the “Term”). Upon termination of the Term, you shall no longer be permitted to use or access the Services. The terms herein that contemplate obligations after the Term, including but not limited to Prohibited Uses, Service Interruptions and Updates, Term, Termination, and Survival, Subscriber Data and Legal Compliance, Indemnification and Limitation of Liability, shall survive termination.
Subscriber Data and Legal Compliance
Users are the exclusive owners of their own personal information. Larchmont Buzz will not be held responsible for website users or other parties infringing upon any intellectual property rights of third parties.
Indemnification and Limitation of Liability
Research information and images may be used only for educational purposes and must cite Larchmont Buzz in documentation. In addition, no artwork or images may be reproduced without written permission by Larchmont Buzz, and some historical images have additional copyright protections.
Images on this site courtesy of:
- Larchmont Buzz
- Other sources as per licenses or permission from specific sources
- By email: [email protected]
- By phone number: 323.741.4651
- By mail: 584 1/2 N. Larchmont Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90004