This week a neighbor reported on Nextdoor that another car was broken into in the Larchmont Beverly North neighborhood. Prescription sunglasses and a battery pack were stolen, but there was no damage to the car. Once again, a good reminder to remove all your valuables from your car, rendering it a less tempting target.
Senior Lead Officer Joe Pelayo sent us these additional robbery prevention tips created by Olympic Crime & Intelligence Analysis Detail:
- BE AWARE. Pay attention to those around you.
- DO NOT walk with your cellphone in hand, or with your earphones on.
- AVOID walking alone if possible, and park in well lit areas.
- Stay ALERT. If you are not paying attention, you will be an easy target.
- AVOID displaying flashy jewelry in public. Necklaces and chains can be easily grabbed from your neck.
- If you are a victim, REMAIN CALM, DO NOT RESIST. Property can be replaced, it is not worth the risk.
- PAY ATTENTION to the suspect’s appearance, direction of travel, if they got in a car, etc… The more details you can provide, the better.
- CALL 911 right away. The best chance of getting your property back is if we catch the suspect right away.