As part of the advanced utility relocation work for the Purple Line Extension, lower South La Brea Ave. will be reduced to 1-2 lanes of traffic each way on Sunday through Thursday nights during the months of November and December. Contractors will be performing improvements to existing utilities to make room for the future Wilshire/La Brea Station of the Metro Purple Line.La Brea Avenue, between 6th Street and 8th Street November 9 – December 20, 2013 Sunday – Thursday 8pm-6am* Saturday 8am-5pm
WHAT TO EXPECT
- All work has received necessary permits and approvals.
- Utility relocation activities will take place along S. La Brea Ave between W. 8th street and W. 6th Street.
- Temporary bus stops with relocation signage will be implemented.
- 1-2 lane(s) of traffic will be maintained open in each direction at all times.
- Parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the construction zone.
- Access for pedestrians will be maintained outside of the construction zone.
- Access for the Fire Department and emergency responders will be maintained.
- Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times unless notified in advance.
- For emergencies or issues needing immediate attention only, please call 323-669-7652.
*It is anticipated that the majority of the work will occur overnight. Noisier nighttime activities restricted after 11PM.