Tishman Speyer, owners of the Wilshire Courtyard business campus along the Miracle Mile at 5700 & 5750 Wilshire Boulevard, began a major courtyard renovation project on January 24. This is the first phase of what is expected to be a multi-million dollar renovation to update the plazas, lobbies and balconies of the 24 year-old building. The entire face-lift should be complete by fall 2014.
- Plaza and Courtyard Place: The courtyard areas will be completely renovated. The new design features integrated planter boxes with lush landscaping and covered seating areas. Courtyard Place also will be resurfaced.
- Painting: All of the exterior trim, balcony planters, and interior atrium trim will be repainted a modern steel-like color.
- P1 Valet Lobby Remodel: The central valet lobby in each building will be refreshed to provide a more contemporary welcome point for employees and visitors.
- Restroom Remodel: The common area restrooms will be updated with new finishes, lighting and fixtures.
- Corridors: New light fixtures will be installed in all common corridors.
Tishman Speyer purchased the 1,007,987 square foot Class A buildings and campus at the end of 2012. The plaza was the site of many futuristic scenes in the 1993 movie ‘Demolition Man’, starring Sylvester Stallone, Wesley Snipes and Sandra Bullock.
The Miracle Mile Farmers’ Market will continue on Wednesdays. Vendors have been relocated to the front of the buildings along Wilshire Boulevard and in the park area. Hours for the Farmers’ Market are Wednesdays from 11am-3pm.
Renderings of what the finished project will look like: