Councilmember Tom LaBonge has issued an outline of the approved traffic improvements for Rossmore Avenue, between Melrose Avenue and Beverly Boulevard. The decisions for each of the three intersections are outlined below, heading north towards Melrose.
Intersection of Rossmore Avenue and Rosewood Avenue
- There will be no changes to the intersections.
Intersection of Rossmore Avenue and Clinton Street
- Westbound traffic at Clinton Street will only be able to make a right turn at Rossmore Avenue.
- The Crosswalk on the north side of the intersection will be removed;
- LADOT will install additional signage on the curve and ahead of the curve, for vehicles to slow down.
- At a later date, LADOT will consider either installing left turn pockets on Rossmore Avenue for vehicles turning onto Clinton Street or peak hour restrictions for vehicles on Rossmore Avenue attempting to make a left turn
Intersection of Rossmore Avenue, Melrose Avenue, and Vine Street
- LADOT approved left turn protected arrows for left turns for all directions. The intersection met the criteria for congestion relief at the intersection.
Councilmember LaBonge has committed to working with Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell to find funding for the intersection upgrade in the next budget cycle in May. O’Farrell’s Council District 13 shares the intersection with LaBonge’s Council District 4,
If you have any questions regarding these changes, you can contact Councilmember LaBonge or his Deputy Ben Seinfeld, at (213) 804-2388 or [email protected].